- 310 square inches of primary cooking space on durable porcelain-coated, rust-resistant and easy-to-clean steel grates, plus a 95 square inch warming rack ideal for sides and buns
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even-heat and cooks up to 50% juicier food.
- Exclusive metallic gray finish for increased style and durabilty. Single-door cabinet design offers storage space for propane tank, grilling tools and accessories.
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable burner lighting at the push of a buttom. Convenient side shelves offer added work and prep space, and are Gear Trax enabled. When not in use, the side shelves fold down to save space and for storage.
- Powered by propane, (LP), gas, the stainless steel burners offer long-lasting performance ad emit flames from the top for even heat with no hot or cold spots.
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge to easily monitor the inside temperature of your grill and durable porcelain-coated grease pan which can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Simplified design with standardized hardware for quick and easy assembly. Includes a custom-cleaning tool with SAFER red nylon bristles. Sits on four heavy-duty casters, (2 of which lock), for easy mobility around your deck or patio.
- Assembled dimensions: 44.5-inches wide x 22.4-inches deep x 45.3-inches high.
- Real infrared ceramic and stainless steel burners (2) with electronic push-button ignition
- 253 square inches of grilling area that fits twelve 4-inch burgers on special v-grate that improves flavor and virtually eliminates flare-ups, plus 96 square inches of warming rack area
- Use made by 100-plus year old family business
- Use on a tailgate, table, or tripod accessory (item #sol-Atari)
- Grill weighs 41 pounds and measures 26.13 wide by 20 deep by 11 inches high with hood down, and 26.13 wide by 22.75 deep by 22.75 inches high with hood up
3./ Camplux Propane Infrared Steak Grill,1600℉ Fast Efficient Heating Outdoor Portable Gas Grill with Vertical Cooking,Stainless Steel Single Burner Propane Gas Grill,Perfect for Steak,Ribeyes,Picnic,BBQ
- Extreme 1600℉ Flash Heating – This innovative 10,000 BTU propane gas grill can raise the temperature to 1600℉ within 2 minutes with its Radiant Technology, the extreme temperatures will cook the steak, ribeyes within 5 mins. You can enjoy sizzling your shrimp, skewers, salmon fillets in seconds. It can cook anything with the simple move “in and out”, you can always stay home and enjoy a picnic.
- Light, Portable,Compact Design – The stainless steak grill weights 26.5 lbs, making it lightweight and small enough to fit in a compact car with dimension 17.91“(L)*12.99”(W)*11.81“(H). The comfortable carrying handle makes it easy to take anywhere. Vertical heating cooking cavity is expanded to 11.8“(L)*12.7”(W)*7.8“(H). Equipped with 1 pcs grille-11.8″(L)*10.2″(W) and 2 pcs trays-12.2″(L)*8.3″(W) for drippings and oil /12.4″(L)*8.46″(W) for warming cooked foods.
- Patented Adjustable Grill & Easy to Clean – The outdoor gas grill comes without grill racks but with patented adjustable grill height in 5 layers so the grille and trays can be adjusted flexibly in height and fits even the largest porterhouse steak. The portable & durable outdoor camping grill crafted with food-grade #304 stainless steel,clean and dishwasher-friendly.
- Easy Handling & Quick Installation Options – Camplux propane infrared steak grill is quick and easy to use with the pilot ignition system. 1 PC 1.5V AA battery required but not included ( Make it Positive Outward ). You can hooks up to a standard 20lb propane cylinder quickly or connect to standard RV propane directly, you can also convert to 1 lb tanks for tailgating with Camplux customized adapter ( Not included from the package but available from Camplux Amazon store-Model No. T4-C.
- Extensive Steakhouse at Home – The outdoor propane gas grill has an extensive applications, not limited to steak, you can also cook brazilian picanha,chicken thighs & kabobs,pork,sandwiches, nachos,enchiladas,hamburgers,fish,burgers and vegetables and more. This propane infrared grill can be used in the backyard for hosting parties, cooking at the park, or serving up a hot meal when camping.
- Compact Size & Innovative Design For Outdoor- Compact Size: 17.9“(L)*14.2”(W)*12.4“(H).
- Efficient Built-in Infrared Burner-Built-in Infrared Burner, the temperature of the burner surface can reach 1600℉within 2 minutes, and transfer the heat into the cooking cavity. Match the 360 degrees rotisserie grill basket, make the food evenly heating and fast ready.
- Radiant Technology with Healthy Cooking Style -Camplux Gas Grill with the high-tech system to reduce the smoke dust pluming out the air, minimize hazardous to human health.Retractable type gas grid frame with 5 heating levels.
- Safe Insulation Perfect Protection -Smartly utilizing the air space and insulation board, prevents the heat flow into the air room that maintains a normal temperature gas cartridge store.
- Multiple & Quick Installation Options -You can connect to standard 20lb propane cylinder with supplied 5 feet gas regulator; you can also connects to standard RV propane directly; you can also try conversion to 1lb cylinder with Camplux T4-C adapter.
- Make BBQ Picnis Easier-Different levels of firepower control,delicious food will be ready within minutes.The infrared gas grill is perfect for steak, sausage, seafood, vegetable, fruit, burgers and more.
Bullet Points of Camplux Propane Infrared Gas Grill
- The infrared propane grill is the newest trend in backyard grilling. It gives every steak the perfect cook in seconds. Keeping all the juices and flavor inside, and fat crispy outside.
- The portable outdoor infrared grill with easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings. Warm-up time around 4mins,you can whip up a quick meal less than 30mins.
- The stainless steel single burner propane gas grill features drip tray for catching the drippings from roasting meat and other dropped crumbs.Easy to clean just detach the removable parts and put them in the dishwasher.
- The compact size making it lightweight and small enough to fit in a compact car,makes the outdoor picnics more easier.
As the first review not posted on March 29, 2020, (pretty obvious what’s going on there, Camplux), I can confirm that this indeed works as advertised. In fact, I’m surprised they are not doing as much to show the actual burner unit that stretches nearly the entire width of the cook area as it is a distinct selling point when comparing to either the Otto Grill or the competing units from Northfire. The starting system seems a little wonky at times, and I’ve found I have to keep the knob depressed on start mode to keep gas flow moving. The electric arc starter works fine, it’s just a matter of keeping gas flow constant to keep it lit. Sometimes, though, it fires off with no problem on the first shot, and then I don’t have to babysit it for the first minute. All told, it’s a minor inconvenience.
The adjustable rack system has far more than five positions as the front indicators would lead one to believe, with much finer control available. That said, the latch system itself sometimes sticks a bit. I’m not even sure exactly what it is that causes it to hang up. Could be that this will wear a bit over time and actually work better.Benmachine April 20, 2020
How does a gas stove work?
As the name implies, a gas stove runs on gas. The gas is used as a fuel for heating dishes, tea or coffee and is filled from cartridges or (for larger camping stoves) from metal cylinders.
The flame is often lit electrically via piezoelectric ignition. There is a grill above the flame on which the utensil is placed. A gas stove usually has a rotary control that can be used to regulate the gas supply and thus the size of the flame. Depending on the type, additional equipment may be included, such as legs or a windscreen.
Make sure a gas stove heats things up very quickly because it heats above the flame.
Where is a gas stove most often used and for whom?
A gas stove is mainly used for multi-day outdoor activities. To be more precise, especially where no electrical connection is available: be it trekking, hiking or ATV tours.
Even on fishing trips, a gas stove allows you to enjoy fresh fish immediately. At designated locations, a gas stove can also be used at the weekend event in the city park.
The gas stove is popular at outdoor festivals because of its independence from an electrical connection. Smaller versions can easily be stored in the backpack and can withstand vibration and “minor accidents.”
Multi-burner stoves, on the other hand, are used more indoors and are used, for example, to retrofit mobile homes, boats or trucks.
In theory, however, it can also be used in the kitchen. Indoor gas stoves offer several gas cooking plates and are generally more stable than their smaller brothers.
However, they also put a different weight on the scale and are therefore not used for excursions.
What are the alternatives to a gas stove and what are the advantages of a gas stove?
Gas stoves are low maintenance, burn quietly, are odorless and have little soot.
However, there are several alternatives to gas stoves, and we would like to briefly outline their advantages and disadvantages.
Gasoline is (theoretically) available everywhere at gas stations. The gas stove therefore initially appears more attractive. However, you should keep in mind that gasoline at gas stations is not 100% suitable for use in gas stoves.
The burner nozzles can easily become clogged due to contamination. The great advantage of the gasoline stove is that it can be used at sub-zero temperatures.
Special gas mixtures are required for the gas stove. However, gas stoves are generally much heavier and cleaning is more difficult.
An alcohol stove is very easy to use. Spirit is available in all supermarkets. However, an alcohol stove does not reach particularly high temperatures and so cooking requires much more patience. At low temperatures, it can get worse.
The resulting smell is also unpleasant. Spirit cookers are generally very inexpensive and sturdy.
So-called multi-fuel stoves have the advantage that the chef is not tied to a specific fuel, which may be difficult to obtain. Multi-fuel stoves mainly use gasoline, diesel or gas.
However, handling and commissioning is more complicated than with other stoves and a loud noise disturbs the combustion. Incorrect operation can lead to soot. Multi-fuel stoves are also only available from a price of about 100 euros.
How safe is a gas stove?
Compared to gasoline, the use of gas is simple and safe. The piezo igniter, the gas pressure reducer and the ignition fuse offer additional safety.
In the case of top-mounted stoves, there is safety thanks to the direct connection: there is no hose connection between the stove and the gas tank, in which a leak could have fatal consequences.
The gas cartridges are thin-walled in the sense of use than the gas cylinders. This makes the cartridges lighter, but also more fragile. This becomes dangerous, for example, if a cartridge that is not completely empty is dismantled.
If the casing of a cartridge is punctured, the contained gas mixture escapes partly liquid and partly gas. If this happens, an explosive gas-air mixture can easily occur, especially in closed rooms.
The escaping gas can cause cold burns on the skin.
When using gas stoves, it is essential to follow the specified handling. If in doubt, please contact the seller or the specialist concerned.
How much does a gas stove cost?
The simplest variant is available from about 15 euros. The price is strongly related to the scope of services. With a higher price, more accessories are usually included.
Since the more expensive camping stoves usually bring more power, the dish is faster and you save gas.
How much does a gas canister/cylinder cost?
At 1-2 euros per 230g, MSF1a cartridges are the cheapest cartridges. Basically, the screw cartridges are a little more expensive because of the more complex composition (valve, thread).
But here too, you will find it from about 6 euros for 100 g.
In contrast to disposable cartridges, you can have gas cylinders refilled in hardware stores or gas stations from about 1.70 euros / kg. When buying the cylinder, there is also a fee of about 30 euros for small deposit cylinders.
What is a fuse and how does it work?
The ignition protection technology of a gas stove controls the escape of gas and thus prevents dangerous deflagrations or, in the worst case, explosions. There are different types of ignition protection (also called gas shut-off).
Camping stoves are mainly thermoelectric ignition fuses.
To put it simply, it looks like this: an electrical voltage is generated at the junction between two dissimilar metals. When the flame is lit, electricity flows, the thermocouple is called and gas flows.
Without a flame, the thermocouple cools down again, no current flows and the gas supply is interrupted.
Can I retrofit a gas stove with a fuse?
First of all: work or repairs on gas stoves, gas cylinders or cartridges and all accessories may only be carried out by specialists. They must also have an appropriate license.
Please do not work on gas stoves and accessories independently!
All gas appliances, including gas stoves, require an approval number. Unauthorized upgrading would not only put you at risk, but would also invalidate the approval number.
Operation of the appliance would therefore be strictly prohibited.
Conversion of an obsolete gas stove by a specialist is theoretically possible, but above all extremely complex and therefore expensive.
Where can I buy gas stoves and cartridges?
You can buy gas stoves and gas cartridges in well-stocked specialty stores as well as in many department stores, hardware stores and sometimes in supermarkets or order them on the internet at a more attractive price.
The cartridges are also available in many gas stations in France. In recent years, however, gas stoves and their accessories have been increasingly sold on the Internet, as the selection is larger and the prices are lower in many cases.
What is the consumption or how long does a gas stove last?
The gas consumption and therefore the burning time of the gas stove depends on its power and watts. Of course, the gas cartridge also plays a crucial role.
The longer a cartridge is used, the lower its pressure. This also reduces the size of the flame. The smaller the flame, the longer the cooking time.
A valve on the gas cylinder or a pressure regulator can ensure a constant pressure and influence the burning time.
The exact consumption, e.g. the amount of gas per liter of boiling water, helps only to a limited extent. There are too many factors that influence the consumption: the initial temperature of the water, the wind speed, the ambient temperature, the altitude and much more.
By using a windscreen and depending on the pan, the consumption can be improved.
For a gas stove with a 230 g cartridge, its autonomy is given to 1 h 30 on average, which is equivalent to 3 or 4 days of cooking counting 20 minutes per day. There are larger cartridges and therefore the autonomy increases with the capacity.
What does the indication in mbar mean?
The information in mbar when you buy your gas stove indicates the pressure at which your appliance works.
For you as a consumer, this information only plays a role if you want to buy a gas cylinder and the associated gas regulator. This gas regulator must then be adapted to the mbar of your gas appliance.
The vast majority of gas stoves available in France operate at 50 mbar. Appliances from Italy, France or the USA can instead be supplied with 30 mbar.
What else do I need in addition to a gas stove?
In addition to the gas stove (cartridge or bottle), a windbreak is recommended to ensure that the gas stove remains the same.
If it is a gas stove without piezo ignition, you will also need a gas lighter or a lighter. Depending on your wishes, there are also various accessories for gas stoves, for example for toasting bread or a special grill accessory.
Of course, you need a pan (as suitable as possible) and suitable dishes, as well as the right recipe idea!
Which gas is used?
There are different gases, or rather gas mixtures, which have different advantages and disadvantages. A mixture of butane, isobutane and propane is the most common composition. The exact mixture varies according to the manufacturer.
All gas cartridges and cylinders have a certain pressure to keep the gas liquid. The difference lies in the respective boiling point of the gas mixture. This is the temperature at which the state of the gas changes from liquid to gas.
This change is important because the mixture only ignites in gaseous form and can therefore be used in the gas stove. The boiling point is -1°C for butane, -12°C for isobutane and -40°C for propane.
The exact gas mixture is especially important if you want to use your gas stove at very low outdoor temperatures.
What gas cartridges and cylinders are available?
There are four types of gas cartridges depending on the gas stove:
Screw-in cartridges, also simply screw-in cartridges
Bayonet valve cartridges, also known as Easy-Click
MSF1a valve cartridges
Unlike cartridges, gas cylinders for camping stoves can be refilled with an external power supply at hardware stores or gas stations.
Gas cylinders are also much heavier at 5.5-11 kg.
What adapter do you need?
Manufacturers generally recommend using the appropriate gas cartridges offered by the manufacturer. There is no guarantee that other brands will fit your gas stove.
In order to have a certain level of performance security, it is not advisable to use particularly cheap knock-offs. If you follow these guidelines, no adapter is required for use.
However, there is now a range of adapters that can be used, for example, to insert cartridges such as screw-in cartridges.
It is always best to purchase the adapter that matches the gas stove and is recommended by the manufacturer, so that there is no damage to the gas stove.
How hot can I use my gas stove?
At normal average temperatures, a gas stove can be used without difficulty. At low temperatures, however, it may be difficult to create a flame. The gas mixture in the canister remains liquid and combustion cannot take place.
The decisive factor is the boiling point of the gas or gas mixture. Theoretically, propane would be best suited for use below 4°C.
However, propane must be stored at very high pressure so the cartridge must be much more stable and therefore heavier.
Manufacturers have responded to the demand and offer special gas cartridges with a high proportion of propane and isobutane.
This mixture can be filled into normal cartridges and is suitable for use at very low temperatures (down to -22°C).
What dishes do you need for your gas stove?
Again, the answer depends somewhat on your needs. Weight plays a major role when using your gas stove for outdoor activities such as hiking or biking. The use of aluminum cookware is recommended here.
Aluminum dishes are generally inexpensive. With some dishes, however, there is a reaction that creates a strange metallic taste.
Alternatively, kitchen utensils made of so-called HA (hard anodized) aluminum are now also available. The surface is specially treated. The dishes are much more resistant to scratching and there is no longer any change in the taste of certain dishes.
However, the danger of destroying your own cookware under excessive heat remains.
As an alternative to the aluminum pot, there are also cookware, stainless steel or even titanium cookware.
Manufacturers offer whole sets, consisting of one or more pots that can be stacked inside each other, in which the lid can often also be used as a pan and / or plate.
Stainless steel is the strongest variant, tolerates high temperatures and does not scratch even during more demanding adventures. However, the weight could be a burden for you.
The thermal conductivity is also significantly worse here. Stainless steel tends to be better suited for fixed camps or a larger storage kitchen than for your backpack.
Stainless steel dishes can withstand high temperatures, so they go well with gas stoves.
Titanium is the most expensive and chic material and extremely popular because of its particularly light weight. The weight is also achieved due to the thin walls, which makes the dishes sensitive to high temperatures. This can lead to discolored and dented areas.
If you mainly need hot water for coffee, tea or soups, you will be satisfied with an ultra-light titanium pot.
A small specialty is what is called a heat exchanger pot. This cookware works with a special lamellar structure that, according to the manufacturer, transfers the heat from your gas stove into the pot more efficiently.
Such pots achieve a faster boiling time and thus reduce consumption.
What types of gas stoves are there and which one is best for you?
Basically, there are three different types of gas stoves:
Gas stove with external gas supply
Special gas stove
Each of these types differs in structure and handling depending on the area of application and needs and brings individual advantages and disadvantages.
Depending on the purpose, a different type of gas stove is suitable for you. For a selection, we recommend that you carefully consider how you want to use your stove. Two questions are important:
What is a gas stove with an external gas supply and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Gas stoves with a hose usually work with larger gas cylinders via an external gas supply. The development here is less than with the cartridge version.
The gas stove with a supply line is therefore more stable overall.
- Quiet combustion
- Good stability
- Quite difficult
- Mainly integrated wind protection
- Cheap gas cylinders
- Height and width
- Gas cylinders are bulky and heavy
- Transport possible but bulky
These camping stoves are often multi-flame and are used in fixed or base camps. They are often built into a kind of metal case, which makes them more robust.
This makes them easier to carry and the open housing can act as a built-in windbreak. The removable pot rest makes cleaning easier. The large gas cylinders guarantee a longer burning time.
If you want to cook for several people, you should choose a multi-burner gas stove with external gas supply.
What is a cartridge stove and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Gas stoves that work with gas cartridges are also called top-mounted stoves (because you place them directly on the cartridge).
The cartridge is also the base of the stove. The cartridge is both the advantage and disadvantage of this type of gas stove.
- Safety thanks to a direct connection between the stove and the gas
- Quiet combustion
- Poor condition
- The use of large pots is usually problematic
Due to the increased center of gravity (because of its placement on the fuel tank), the stability of the cartridge heater is less good. The use of large pots in particular can be problematic.
However, various manufacturers offer an additional support to solve this problem.
Some manufacturers now also have a kind of hybrid gas cooker in their range: these are cartridge cookers, but the fuel tanks are attached via a hose connection.
The hybrid takes advantage of both types: more stability due to a lower center of gravity and less weight due to the use of lightweight cartridges.
What are the criteria for choosing a gas stove?
Provence Outillage Gas stove 3 taps
In summary, these are the following properties:
- Size / dimensions
- Type of cartridge used
- Boiling time for 1 liter of water
- Additional equipment and functions
When buying a gas stove, you should first of all be clear about how and where you want to use your stove. Your very personal purpose is absolutely decisive for all other purchasing criteria.
The number of hungry mouths also plays a role in this consideration. You will get enough for two people with a small 1-burner gas stove and a handy pan. For a larger group, you should think about multi-flame variants.
Size / dimensions of the gas stove
In addition to weight, the size of your gas stove plays a particularly important role in your outdoor activities. Bulky and cumbersome stoves interfere with packing.
The situation is a little different when it comes to planning your camp kitchen. But there too, we’re interested in how much space you need. Dimensions give you a clearer picture and help you choose the right gas stove.
But you should consider that the volume of an appropriate pan may need to be added.
System stoves usually offer the possibility to stack stoves and pans inside each other, saving space again.
With built-in wind protection and cooking utensils, you don’t have to worry about extra storage space in your luggage. The dimensions shown here are essentially your complete mobile outdoor kitchen.
The same goes for weight and dimensions: when planning your luggage, every gram suddenly weighs a ton. If you just want to use your gas stove in the garden, the weight is of secondary importance. A certain weight can even provide more stability here.
Moreover, the manufacturer’s information usually refers to the weight of the stove without cartridges (or even gas bottles). Depending on the extent of use and the duration of your visit, you will have to add the weight of additional fuel tanks.
To save weight again, you can try to research the availability of gas cartridges for your target country in advance.
Type of cartridge used
So it may be important for you to know in advance which gas cartridges your favorite is working with. However, there are now many adapters available that allow you to use different gas cartridges and change if necessary.
Of course, manufacturers recommend using only the appropriate brands. You should not throw this advice completely overboard. A particularly cheap plagiarism will not make you happy – with or without an adapter.
Weak flames and too little pressure are only two of the possible consequences. Since the prices are not very high anyway, we advise you to pay more attention to performance.
With the specification in watts (W) or kilowatts (kW), the supplier describes the performance of your gas stove. The more watts, the more efficient the cooking performance.
A high-efficiency gas stove can boil water faster, but also uses more gas. You should always evaluate performance in combination with consumption. A cheap camping stove usually has a lower wattage – 500 watts is the minimum.
To summarize: high performance means fast cooking.
Manufacturers usually give you the consumption as the amount of gas consumed in grams per hour. The gas consumption also indicates the burning time of your gas stove. It’s important for you to know how many gas cartridges you need to plan your adventure.
The catch? You can’t take the manufacturers’ stated values as an absolute guideline. There are too many external influences that can sometimes change this value significantly.
This includes, for example, the gas canister used and its pressure, but wind and weather can also increase the consumption of your gas stove.
Just like us, you should not choose consumption as the only decision aid. Together with our other important buying criteria, the value offers you a good indication of the quality of a gas stove.
Boiling time for 1 liter of water
The time it takes your favorite to bring 1 liter of water to a boil is almost the third element of our performance-consumption calculation.
Theoretically, the following applies here: the higher the wattage, the faster the boiling time. Of course, if your dish is cooked faster, this means less consumption. So you see: the three points are related.
Unfortunately, the following also applies here: External influences change the values that the manufacturers have practically obtained during dry exercise.
Wind and altitude, but logically also the initial temperature of the water influence the dwell time. You can also influence this yourself with a windbreak and the right pan.
The boiling time is usually 3 to 5 minutes. This does not make much difference. However, it can take 8 or 9 minutes. This requires a lot more patience and devours your gas supply in no time.
Additional Equipment and Features
By the additional equipment and functions of your gas stove, we understand for example the presence of an integrated piezo igniter, but also whether a pan or a windscreen is included in the delivery.
The piezo igniter uses the so-called piezo effect. In short, this is the generation of electrical charge when a crystalline surface is deformed. In connection with the metal contacts, a spark is ignited in blue and ignites the gas.
It’s worth taking a look at the extra equipment before you buy and thinking about what’s important to you.
A gas stove with piezo ignition, which is electric ignition, works “at the touch of a button” and is a very safe method. Without piezo ignition, the gas must be lit “by hand” using a match, lighter or special gas lighter.
The windshield is one of the most important accessories for a gas stove. When used for outdoor activities, it is highly recommended. Made of heat resistant material, it protects the flame and ensures constant performance of the gas stove.
Depending on your needs, it may also be important for you that the stove comes with a suitable container so that it can be stored quickly and easily.
System stoves also offer convenient thermocouples that keep your coffee hotter for longer or protected gripping elements to prevent burns.
This criterion is not about the flame temperature your gas stove can achieve, but the ambient temperature at which you want to use your gas stove. This is an important buying criterion, especially when it comes to usable cartridges.
If you are planning a visit to the fjord at low temperatures, you certainly need the right mixture of gas in your cartridges. This is the exact boiling point of the gases: if it is too high, the transition from liquid to gas will not be successful or only partially successful at low temperatures.
Thus, your flame remains either very small or the gas cannot be ignited at all.
Stability should be another buying criterion for you. No one is helped if your ultralight, foldable gas stove accidentally folds under your pan. Stability is unfortunately the most difficult property to check when shopping online.
The dead weight and construction allow for some conclusion on stability. Does the stove have stable legs? Is the stove’s firebox very high because it is placed directly on a canister.
Whether it’s for a short weekend or for long off-road trips, you want to prepare a hot meal from time to time or at least be able to boil water for tea or coffee in the morning.
Of course you can use bread, cheese and sausages or various energy bars to satisfy your hunger. Cooking or grilling around a campfire also has its charm.
But honestly, light a fire every time you want a cup of tea or coffee or you just can’t light a fire because there is an absolute risk of forest fires.