The Griddler GR40E is more than just a meat grill. It is very versatile and can perform various functions in your kitchen. It can be used both as an electric grill and as a panini appliance.
The power of this device (1600 W) is considered quite light by some users. They’re having a hard time getting a perfectly grilled meat.
Like all classic meat grills, the The Griddler can handle the cooking of all kinds of meat, from the thickest to the thinnest. In its grill function, you can also use the electric barbecue to barbecue various vegetables to complete your menu.
But in addition to this primary function, this 2-in-1 device can also be used as a panini press. You don’t even have to change the plate. The toaster, as it is, can be used directly to make delicious paninis. You can also extend its use to the preparation of hot sandwiches such as croque-monsieur or madame. Toasting simple slices of bread is quite feasible.
If you are a waffle lover, you can still purchase the corresponding plates to install them on this machine.
This model can be used in two different ways: closed or open.
In the first case, it is in press function and delivers heat simultaneously to each side of your piece of meat. Its cooking surface is 667 cm3. You can grill a good piece of pork, or a whole fish for example. The temperature can range from 65°C to 230°C. It is in this closed position that you can make paninis.
In “open” mode, the cooking surface is doubled. It then reaches 1334cm2, You will have all the leisure to make a barbecue or a plancha to seize or grill your ingredients. You can cook 6 medium-sized steaks at the same time or put the meat on one side and the various vegetables on the other. The thermostat can range from 90°C to 220°C.
The plates of this meat grill are made of cast aluminium for even heat distribution during cooking. They are covered with a non-stick material. This ensures that the food to be grilled does not stick to the surface and therefore leaves almost no residue. Cleaning of the unit will therefore be very easy.
Plates and other accessories are dishwasher safe. However, manual washing is just as effective and fast. A simple wipe with a soapy sponge is enough to remove the traces of the last cooking.
You should probably already know that the plates must be removed before washing. To do this, there is only a simple button to press. They can be detached and put back in place very easily.
The worktop requires no maintenance. Fat and cooking juices do not overflow but are perfectly collected by the Cuisinart The Griddler GR40E.
What Buyers Liked
- The versatility of the Griddler is one thing most users love about it.
- The fact that it can be utilized as a grill for meats or vegetables, a griddle for eggs or pancakes or a panini press for sandwiches is an important feature.
- The ability to control the temperature with specific temperature settings for different cooking tasks is a step above a lot of countertop grills.
- Many users report that the Cuisinart Griddler cooks evenly and quickly while other users appreciate its compact size.
- Most every user likes the versatile, non-stick, dishwasher-safe cooking plates and the ease with which they are cleaned.
- The Griddler GR-4N is a hit with those who use a countertop grill often for steaks, pork chops, chicken or simply sandwiches and quesadillas.
- They like having the ability to cook both sides of a food item at once which reduces the cooking time.
What Buyers Didn’t Like
- Some of the complaints center on the top portion of the unit. There are reports that the top heating element does not get as hot as the bottom element which results in uneven cooking.
- Additionally, the top portion of the unit has disjointed hinges which allow for adjustment in the thickness of the food cooked.
- When the unit is in panini position, care should be used when lowering the top portion as it could wobble and cause the top of the sandwich to slide away from the bottom of the sandwich.
- Users advise keeping an oven mitt handy for steadying the top portion of the Griddler as it is lowered onto the sandwich to keep it level and the sandwich together.
- Some complaints have to do with the Griddler in full flat position. Users report that the unit isn’t as level as it could be which can cause problems with pancake batter or eggs running to the low side.
Cleaning And Care
After you have completed your cooking session, turn off the Griddler and unplug the power cord from the power source. Give the unit enough time to cool down.
- While still warm, use the scraping tool to remove any dirt and leftover food from the cooking plates and other parts of the unit. Be careful not to use too much pressure as you can still scratch off the non-stick coating. It’s best to leave the plates to soak in warm water rather than scraping them.
- Wash the scraping tool when you’re done with it. Remove the drip tray, dispose of the grease, and wash it.
- Press the release buttons in order to remove the cooking plates from the unit’s housing. Make sure that the plates are cool before you remove them.
- Washing the Cooking Plates – The plates can be washed in the dishwasher but we recommend placing them in a shallow pan covered with warm water and left to soak for 10 minutes or more for food that has baked hard on to the plates.
- Finally, use a clean soft and dry cloth to clean the control knobs. If there are tough stains, dampen the cloth in order to get the required level of cleanliness.
How to Insert Cooking Plates
Let’s look at how to install a Cuisinart griddle plate.
- Make sure it is turned off, unplugged, and cooled down
- Adjust the Griddler to the flat position with the controls placed directly in front of you.
- The cooking plates are reversible so they will fit on either side. The drip spout is to the rear of the plate. Locate the metal clips. This is the place where you will insert the plates and snap into place.
- Insert the plates one at a time.